su Skip to main content

The Housing Registrar does not manage or own any housing. We also do not manage any waiting lists or accept applications for housing.

The registered agencies that we regulate manage affordable housing in Victoria as does the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS). The housing managed by DHHS is known as public housing. The housing managed by registered agencies is commonly known as community housing.

If you are seeking housing you can apply to be included on the Victorian Housing Register, which is a common waiting list for both public housing and community housing.

We have produced an (pdf 721KB)information sheet on affordable housing(pdf 721KB) for people who are looking for affordable housing.

If you are in urgent need of housing please ring 1800 825 955 (free call). This phone line is manned 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and will link you to the nearest emergency accommodation to you. Visit the DHHS website for further information about crisis and emergency housing.